This blog contains posts about all of my letterboxing trips and events I have attended.

Monday, August 6, 2018

On My Way Home

This morning I woke up at 6:30am and got ready to head home. After getting everything packed and loaded into the car I had a little breakfast before leaving the hotel. On the way home I decided to stop and do some letterboxing at Lincoln Mountain Open Space. On Wednesday, on my way up tot the event I had stopped here to look for a series of boxes and for some reason couldn't find them. I chalked it up to a long drive and getting an early start this morning. So I decided to give it another try this morning.
I parked, grabbed my letterboxing bag and the clues and started my search for a series of 12 boxes . . . aMAZEing Trail by The Woodshed. This time I had better luck. I found 11 of the 12 boxes. The one I couldn't find was the one with the logbook for the series. It was box number 9 of the series. I spent about 25 minutes total looking for the box. I spent about 15 minutes when I first got to the area and then 10 more minutes on my way back to the car. Not sure what I did wrong but I just couldn't find it. So I called it quits and returned to the car. Now it was time to make my way home.

The drive from the park was pretty much non-stop. Well, one stop for gas and the bathroom and then it was back on the road. It was sometime around 5:30pm when I arrived home.

It was a fun and manic trip to Colorado and it was an excellent event. On this trip I found a total of 511 boxes - 470 of those were at the event. Thanks to The Woodshed, Taken to the Woodshed, Gypsy Fiddler and tigerlilly for an extremely fun time.

No comments: