This blog contains posts about all of my letterboxing trips and events I have attended.

Sunday, August 5, 2018

The Mania Winds Down

Today is the last day of the event and it goes from 9:00am to 6:00pm. Yesterday I finished all the letterboxes for the event so today will just be visiting and hopefully some last exchanges. Also, I decided that I will heading for home tomorrow so I need to start getting things packed up. So I spent a good part of the morning reading and lounging and then I got some things packed. Around 10:00am I headed to The Woodshed's house. There wasn't many people there yet so I visited for a short time and they asked if I could come back around 1:00pm and help pick up some of the boxes.

From the house I decided to head to Castlewood Canyon State Park. I didn't go to the main part of the park I went to the west entrance which is just west of Franktown on Castlewood Canyon Rd. off of CO86. Here I spent some time hiking and enjoying the area. I ended up hiking parts of the following trails . . . Cherry Creek, Homestead, Rimrock and Creek Bottom. I didn't hike the entire trail on these, just small parts. Afterwards I returned to Parker and got some lunch. It was 1:30pm before I got back to the house. After visiting for a short time a couple of us headed to Castle Rock and picked up all the boxes there and then took them back to Parker. A little more visiting and some helping to clean up and then I left again and returned to the hotel.

Back at the hotel I did a little more packing and organizing. Then around 6:00pm I made my way to Hickory House for dinner with a few of the boxers that had attended the event. There were 15 of us that showed up for dinner and we had a nice time visiting and talking about the event. At 8:00pm I returned to the hotel and relaxed for a bit. Then I spent a little time getting anything I didn't need packed away. Now it is time for some sleep so I can head home tomorrow.

No comments: