This blog contains posts about all of my letterboxing trips and events I have attended.

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Second Day of Disney Mania

Today the event started around 9:00am at The Woodshed's so I decided to sleep. I set the alarm for 7:00am and got things ready and was out the door at 7:40am. Before heading to the Woodshed's I decided to head out to McCabe Meadows to find two of the event series at this park. Following the clues I found both series . . . Live Action Disney (14) and Toon Town (11). It took me a little over an hour to find all 25 boxes. When I finished here I headed for the house.

Once parked I jumped right in to finding boxes. Yesterday I completed most of the series in the house (there were two series I needed to complete inside) so I decided to do the outside first. I began in the garage and then worked my way around the side of the house and then into the backyard. Once all of that was completed I went back into the front yard and completed the series there. So outside of the house I found the following series . . . Disney Cars (16), Frontier Land (22), Adventure Land (56), Zootopia (15), Do You Play Croquet? (4) and Epcot (27) for a total of 140 boxes.

Then I went inside to complete one series and find a second series. These two series were hidden all around the house and didn't have any clues. The first series called Hidden Mickeys were hidden all around the house and were marked with a silhouette of Mickey's head. Yesterday I found eight of these and today I found the remaining five. One of the boxes eluded me for quite a while and then I got a hint that it was actually outside in the front yard. Now that I had completed this series I moved on to the final series - Disney Oddities. All the clue said was to "Think, Think, Think". So you had to look at the title of each box in the series and then find a prop that related to it. Eventually, (and with a little help) I found all 11 boxes.

At this time I was done, except for the final night boxing that was at 8:30pm. So I spent the rest of the afternoon visiting and getting exchanges and personal travelers. At 6:00pm dinner was served. We had barbecue bratwurst, hamburgers and hotdogs, watermelon, salad, beans and chips. So, so good! Then around 8:00pm the night boxing was ready and we headed out. Tonight we found two series . . . Disney Vault (13) and Disney Villains (29). After completing these two series I spent only about 20 minutes visiting before calling it a day and heading to the hotel.
Tonight I got back to the hotel a little earlier than last night but it is still late and I really need some sleep after the last two day of letterboxing mania. Today I found a total of 223 boxes. That along with yesterday's total (247 boxes) raises my total for the event to 470 boxes. The event continues tomorrow but I have found all the boxes so I will probably go to the house late morning and hang out for a while and then maybe go and do a little hiking somewhere and then return later - we will see what happens.

No comments: